Combined with Cisco Digital Network Architecture (Cisco DNA), the Catalyst 9115 access points are corporate-class products, based on the Wi-Fi 6 standard. The new generation of Cisco access points with high-performance Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) capabilities and innovations in efficiency, security, and RF analytics, enable comprehensive digitalization and help in quicker deployment of business services through delivery outside Wi-Fi. The Catalyst 9115 Series works perfectly in networks of any size and is a good solution for developing network structures. The unit adapts to growing requirements which is essential for IoT (Internet of Things) implementation, and simultaneously fully supports cutting-edge technology and innovation.
Cisco Catalyst 9115 Access Point
Price: 2754 USD
Configuration and application
Catalyst 9115 Ports
Key technical features
Catalyst 9115 Access Points work on Cisco IOS XE Software 16.11 or higher. They have PoE (Power over Ethernet) power supply. This series of APs offers integrated and external antennas, designed for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. The unit has 2048 MB of DRAM memory and 1024 MB of flash memory.
It features the following external interfaces:
- Multigigabit Ethernet 1×100/1000/2500 (RJ-45)
- RS-232 console interface through RJ-45
- USB 2.0 port
- Recovery button (enables partial or full recovery of system configuration)
The access point supports Cisco Catalyst 9800 Series wireless controllers and Cisco 3500, 5520, 8540 Series controllers, as well as Cisco virtual wireless controller.
The AP also supports the following operation modes:
- Local – default Cisco AP operation mode. In this mode, the unit serves clients.
- FlexConnect – in this mode, the data flow is switched locally and is not forwarded to the controller.
- Monitor – in this mode, the AP actively monitors radio waves to detect intrusions and fraudulent Access Points. Usually, the unit does not serve clients as well.
- Sniffer – in wireless Sniffer mode, the access point intercepts all packets sent through a given channel and forwards it to the station featuring the packet analyser.
Cisco DNA license is required to connect any access point to Cisco Catalyst 9800 Series controllers. Cisco DNA software subscription gives customers four main benefits:
- Protection of investment in software purchase through license transferring
- Software suites related to typical client event scenarios
- Access to new Cisco technology
- Flexible choice of license duration, tailored to customer needs
Wireless subscription offer supports three types of licenses:
- Cisco DNA Essentials
- Cisco DNA Advantage
- Cisco DNA Premier
Cisco DNA solution is offered as a 3, 5, or 7-year-long subscription and includes both software licenses and technical support services.